Integromat vs. Zapier – Which one’s better – Zapier or Integromat?
Automate processes, outsource redundant work or design customer journeys brilliantly, both can be done with Zapier and Integromat. But which of the two cloud process automation tools is better? And why not compare Zapier to Automate.io?
Zapier vs. Integromat: Comparison. We don’t want to compare two almost identical tools, we want to point out specific differences and for this purpose Zapier and Integromat are a good choice. Why it also makes a huge difference that Zapier is a US-American and Integromat a Czech software provider, you can read in the conclusion. Finally, we will introduce a special new tool that takes cloud process automation to a new level.
TL;TR: Zapier vs Integromat
Comparison: Integromat vs. Zapier
What are you gonna read in this blog post?
Why Zapier is easier and why Integromat can be better for you. We will present price, technical and content comparisons and help to automate your processes in the cloud.
Zapier vs. Integromat: differences on first sight
The first difference between the two platforms is immediately apparent on first use: the user interface is structured very differently. If a workflow is created in Zapier, the required apps and functions are added bit by bit. This results in a linear represented process.
The disadvantage of this view: if you want to replace a single action, you have to delete and recreate all subsequent actions.
Integromat on the other hand uses a visual representation that represents all tools used and can be edited by drag-and-drop. Individual modules can be moved and edited as desired. This looks like this:
The big advantage here is that individual modules can be exchanged at will without affecting the other steps. For us, Integromat is clearly the winner. The flexible, clear view allows better troubleshooting and is more intuitive in our eyes.
Another difference that immediately catches the eye are the different terms that actually mean the same thing. Here a short comparison of the most important terms plus explanation:
|Zap||Scenario||Activity to be performed (e.g. data from Google to Excel and from Excel to CRM system and then contact)|
|Triggers and Actions||Modules (Actions, Triggers, Iterators)||Triggers and functions in the process (e.g.: 10 e-mail addresses should be split up and written to individually)|
|Task||Operation||A single process step|
|Paths||Routes||Branching in the process|
Zapier vs. Integromat price wise
Zapier is basically “free”, but you can’t really automate anything with a free subscription. A maximum of two “zaps” (= process steps) is possible here. What are these zaps? Imagine you want to post your e-mail as an image on WordPress and want to format the name or you want to post a message from Gmail in Slack and Trello – then you’ll already reach your limit here. You can connect a maximum of 2 apps with each other.
At Integromat, for comparison, you can combine an infinite number of apps in the free model. Even with only 5 zaps, most of our customers usually don’t get there. E.g. website, chat, CRM, forms, and project management, each tool can be automated with 10-20 processes, so your company saves time and money through cloud process automation. However, you only get 5 zaps:
How many processes and which package do I need with Zapier?
Our experience shows that most customers need at least the Professional Plan. This provides the necessary functions. In Zapier’s Professional Plan you get so-called Paths. What are Zapier Paths? If-then functions. So without Paths it gets complicated quickly. Imagine Excel without an if-then function – it’s no fun and makes little sense.
In the Professional Plan you get 2,000 zaps, we calculate a time saving (found out by our customers through projects) of about 16 cents per minute. This means that the Professional Plan saves you about 520€ in employee costs and time, which corresponds to an hourly wage of about 20€ gross from the employer’s point of view. But that’S only the beginning: above all you can invest your time better.
With 2,000 Zaps you won’t uproot any trees. Many customers exceed the limit quite fast and need more Zaps. Sure, you can now say that it is still more cost efficient to use Zaps than to hire employees, but these costs are also to pay and add up quite quickly. So let’s have a look at the pricing model of Integromat.
Integromat prices and packages
At first glance, Zapier and Integromat hardly differ in price. However, on closer inspection we can see big differences. Integromat is much cheaper than Zapier, with Zapier you get 100 process steps (Zaps) for 0€, with Integromat 1,000 for 0€ and even better, you have no limitation of applications, so for example your 28-step process can be automated directly for testing. Chapeau: Here Integromat is much more cost efficient than Zapier.
Furthermore you can get the team package from Zapier instead of 276€ here at Integromat for 29$ plus 9$. How plus? Yes, at Integromat you can update your limit by another 10,000 process steps, if you exceed the limit. This is not possible with Zapier, here you pay Flat 2 Cent per Zap. With us you even get 10,000 operations in the first month for free. Just use our affiliate link for Integromat.
Duration comparison Zapier vs. Integromat. Which is more worthwhile?
For Zapier we recommend the annual subscription, for Integromat the monthly subscription. This is because the costs for Zapier can be reduced by up to 25% with an annual subscription. What is the best way to proceed – in order not to pay 600€ directly at one go? You build your Zaps with a monthly subscription, test them and then, after 1-2 months, you change. You will notice over the duration of the subscription, some Zaps are non-sense, that is normal. Delete them, create new ones and test them, so we recommend a monthly subscription first and change it afterwards.
Integromat for companies and businesses vs. startups and small businesses:
At Integromat you can only take the monthly plan (Integromat is cheaper than Zapier anyway) – but if you are a large company that wants to automate a lot in the cloud without having to maintain and update all the APIs, please contact us. We have the direct line and have already obtained special conditions for some customers at Integromat.
When it comes to costs, Integromat clearly and completely wins. Now on to the technical view, Zapier or Integromat?
Where do we start? Let’s compare the marketing slogans and the packages themselves before we reveal our insider knowledge as Zapier Expert and Integromat partner for Germany. Which plans do we compare? Zapier Professional Plan vs. Integromat Standard, just what we recommend for our customers.
- Code execution – Hell Yeah! You can write Python or .js? Yes, automate your tools even better with some code
- Error Tracking – The error tracking and examples are much better. You get “dummy” data to create zaps. Cf. At Integromat you have to integrate everything first and then see if it will work.
- UX and Design – This is a matter of taste, but we think Zapier is sexy.
- Replay – something did not work, just start again.
- Premium Apps
- Number of apps – currently almost 2,000 plus many hidden beta apps
- Modularity – merge your process by a few clicks and build your processes more intuitively. Simply rearrange a process – it works.
- Execution – you can see exactly what is happening and which data goes where
- GDPR – A european company, which attaches great importance to security and data protection. Why this is so important, you can read here.
- Possibilities – you have much more technical possibilities to format data and map complex business processes
- Data Storage – store results and data for further processes
Generally speaking, we find it easier to add new zaps in Zapier. You will be assisted pleasantly and the layout is very clear. Examples for searches and suggestions are given directly. Here is an example of how you can create a zap with Gmail. This is very easy. But we find the account management in Integromat better.
So what is easier? Zapier scores here. Zapier Experts Europe – Wemakefuture.
Let’s have a look on the downsides:
- “I would like to use Gmail and not Twitter as a “trigger” after all” – No, this is not possible. Once you have created your zaps, you can’t change anything without deleting everything. This is really time-consuming and annoying. So simply “switching” an app is not possible.
- API connection – the comparison to Integromat shows that the integration is done half-heartedly and a lot of attention is paid to marketing. Often we experience that an “APP” is on Zapier, but if you look closely, 90% of the functions are missing. This is not the case with Integromat, here, more emphasis is put on quality and integration.
- Overview, when it gets complex – In Zapier, a maximum of 3 paths go in one path, simply put, you can nest your if-then function a maximum of two times. And you have to look inside the “box” every time, with Integromat you have a nice overview – Zapier is clearly more complex.
- No code execution – How we would like to extend a list .append() well. That does not work. A pity! Only with the tools, text parsers and flow controls you can create lists, but real for loops (like in Python) are not possible.
- Complexity and documentation – Integromat can do a lot, but is too complex at first sight, even worse: the documentation is horrible. This becomes visible under their documentation page: Integromat asks “was the post helpful?” Unfortunately it often looks like that. The users rate Integromat as not well documented.
- Time expenditure – we invest more time in customer projects with Integromat, because they require more tests and more error fixes than Zapier.
Comparison Zapier vs. Integromat – technical conclusion:
In our opinion, Integromat is better for users who want to map real and complex business processes. Knowledge of computer science or data processing definitely helps here. Zapier is definitely more user-friendly and scores points for the creation of new processes. It is difficult to say who is generally ahead of the pack. We can say this much: it is easier to create processes in Zapier and if you have little IT knowledge, use Zapier. If it is a complex process and for a company with numerous roles and rights, use Integromat.
We are happy to help you to find out what makes sense for you and what is better suited for your company: Zapier or Integromat? Contact
Let us now come to the comparison of content: What does content mean? General factors, general features and miscellaneous.
Comparison: Zapier vs. Integromat?
In general, we find the community support of Integromat more professional and better. Here we notice that there are professionals at work and not just any users asking questions that Google could have answered. However, Zapier is much better known and has built more content and examples in their blog postings. Integromat has much more features compared to Zapier, where we would work with code instead.
Other features that we would like to highlight are roles and rights management. Often we have the feeling that we have to exchange passwords at Zapier and it is all a bit “insecure”. At Integromat you notice, someone has thought about how developers can help companies with integration without us seeing/knowing all data and passwords.
Wemakefuture is your partner in Europe for Zapier and Integromat. Cloud process automation successfully implemented.
Conclusion – comparison: Zapier vs. Integromat? What is our recommendation?
As Integromat partner in Germany and Zapier Expert Germany we develop process automation with both tools. It clearly depends on your needs and the scope of your automation. We can warmly recommend both automation providers and stand behind both platforms. If you are particularly interested in the topic of data protection of both providers, we have written a blog post for Integromat and Zapier each after the judgement on the Privacy Shield of the ECJ.
We are happy to help you with the development of your process automation, so you can implement the digital machine age 2.0 correctly!
Process automation: our newest tool
Our newest tool, Wayscript! Since we work a lot with Airtable for our customers to provide a “port” for processes and Wayscript combines the advantages of Zapier and Integromat (modularity, SQL/data storage and Python), this is a hot tip from us. We remain curious to see how Wayscript develops further. Currently we do not recommend the operational use yet.